The purpose of this web document is to inform you of Mallock Ltd T/A Ecomotive policy regarding the use of, and protection of, personal data stored on our systems. It also explains how we use the information we collect about you, how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information and procedures that we have in place to safeguard your privacy.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
1.1 when you complete forms on our website (“Site”). This includes your name, email address, contact telephone number which is provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our services, requesting further services;
1.2 whenever you provide information to us when reporting a problem with our Site, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
1 We will collect details such as your name, email address, contact telephone number, address, bank details when you order goods or services from us either via our Site, by email, facsimile, post, by telephone (we may also record the conversation), if you complete an order form or send us a purchase order. We will use this information to process your order and comply with our contractual obligations.
2 In order to perform our contract with you, we may also need to share personal data with third parties such as payment providers, sub-contractors, suppliers, hauliers and postal service organisations to assist in the delivery of goods or services you have ordered;
3 We may also advertise your feedback on our website and marketing materials (subject to obtaining your prior consent where necessary);
4 We may use your personal data [in an anonymous form] to analyse our customer profiles and for statistical purposes. We may share this anonymised statistical information with third parties as part of market research purposes.
5 We will retain your information as long as we require this to provide you with the goods or services ordered from us and for a period of 7 years afterwards, subject to an annual review. Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep personal data until you unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence from us.
We will collect details such as your name, email address, contact telephone number, address, bank details in order to contact you about goods or services ordered with you and to place further orders. We will keep the personal data for 7 years further to being provided with the goods/services, subject to an annual review.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1 In accordance with data protection legislation we are required to notify you of the legal basis upon which we process your personal data. We process your personal data for the following reasons:
2 for performance of a contract we enter into with you;
3 where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation we are subject to; and
4 for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy).
1. provide you with information, or services that you requested from us;
2. perform obligations of contract to which you are party;
3 fulfil any legal obligations we are subject to;
4. process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you; and
5. contact you for marketing purposes where you have signed up for these (see section 6 for further details).
1 In addition to the uses described in sections 2-4 above, we may use Customer personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our goods, services, business updates and events which we think may be of interest.
2 If you are not an existing Customer but you invite us to provide information about our goods/services, we may collect your name, email address, contact telephone number and address for the purposes of providing you with information about our goods and services or offers.
3 You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org contact details.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
1. We may disclose your information to third parties for the following legitimate interests:
2. to staff members, suppliers, contractors and hauliers in order to facilitate the provision of goods, services or product information to you;
3. to our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
4. IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf; and
5. to a prospective buyer of some or all of our business or assets, in which case personal data including personal data will also be one of the transferred assets.
6. We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
2. We take steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the EEA, appropriate measures and controls in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
1. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
4. Information you provide to us is shared on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties that have a legitimate business need for such access.
YOUR INFORMATION AND RIGHTS
1. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
2. Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
3. You can also ask us to undertake the following:
4. update or amend your personal data if you feel this is inaccurate;
5. remove your personal data from our database entirely;
6. send you copies of your personal data in a commonly used format and transfer your information to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract; or
7. restrict the use of your personal data.
8. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all the personal data that we hold about you or to comply with any requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal data, or process any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
9. Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name and the action you would like us to undertake.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
11.1 Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, please contact us at email@example.com
Further to this - this is the data policy of our technology supplier - Car Delivery Network:
Once you register or log into a Car Delivery Network (CDN) website or applications or submit information through our website (including our applications) we will know who you are and your activities on our websites and may have information about you and/or your company may be recorded on our systems. There are a number of areas within the CDN websites which record personal data, including the: registration; billing; contact; invoice; and account sections. The information requested within these sections is standard and includes name, address, phone number and email details and is collected for the purposes of facilitating your transactional requirements.
- administering your account (this will therefore include: registering your account; processing any orders which you make; communicating with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account; and the provision of our services to you in general);
- internal record keeping;
- product and service development;
- developing our website;
- answering your queries or complaints;
- market research; and
- marketing our own products and services to you.
We would like to provide you with information about special features of our website, and/or CDN's products and services, and other information which we think you may find interesting. We may send you such information by post, push notification, email and/or telephone unless you have asked us not to do so. If you are a customer of ours or you have previously asked us for information on our products and services, we may send you information by email. However, in every marketing email message we send you we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailings altogether. We do not provide your personal information to external organisations (i.e. outside of CDN for their own marketing purposes without your explicit consent). If at any time you do not want your information used for direct marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 01865 582 710 and if you decide that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, please either follow the unsubscribe link in one of our marketing email messages or contact us at email@example.com or on +44 01865 582 710.
Where we are undertaking any services in collaboration with a third party (this will be clear from either the branding or notices on the website), then we may be required in order to provide the respective services, to share your account details with such third party in order to administer the account (in a similar manner as mentioned above) and provide the respective services.
We collect email addresses for 3 main purposes:
- Email is our preferred means of communication, and will be used to notify our customers of developments within the CDN websites and applications.
- We use email to administer your account, for example, by alerting you when your account balance reaches a set level.
- We will use email to provide transactional notifications
- The email address on registration will be used to authenticate users or who have forgotten passwords or user account IDs.
Where We Process Your Personal Data
Although we process your data within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), owing to the global nature of the Internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred in transit to other countries outside the EEA that do not have similar protections in place as the EEA regarding your data and its use as set out in this policy.
By submitting your information you consent to such transfers outside the EEA. Your personal information may be shared with other companies within the CDN group of companies based within or outside of the UK. We may also have third party companies providing hosting services for us. Such third party companies will act as our subcontractors, and they would hold your data for such hosting purposes only. Such subcontractors will not be provided with any permission for any other use or disclosure of your data. We will also ensure that we have reasonable safeguards in place with regard to any of our subcontractors, with regard to data retention and security. Please bear in mind that the countries to which your personal data is sent may have a different standard of data protection than the UK.
Compliance & Confidentiality
Our company complies with its obligations under the applicable data protection legislation in England. It will also take reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data. Our employees and contractors have been made aware of their responsibility to keep your information confidential.